top of page


Stay protected while driving south of the border


Create a Mexico car insurance policy that fits your travel plans

Heading south of the border? There's a fair chance U.S. car insurance won't ride along with you. Luckily, you can secure top-notch coverage, which includes liability, legal assistance, roadside assistance, and much more. All through our trusted partner at International Insurance Group, Inc. (IIG).


Consider Bundling Coverages to Reduce Overall Cost

  • White LinkedIn Icon
  • White Twitter Icon
  • White Google+ Icon

World Events


Get the right car insurance before your trip to Mexico

MexPro offers car insurance for driving in Mexico that also tailors to your travel plans. You can select from three different coverage levels and keep them for as long as you need — from one day to one year.


MAS-Plus - Best Coverage for Occasional Trips

The MAS-Plus® program has two parts. “MAS” means MORE as our product provides the most complete coverage of any other Mexican car insurance policy. “Plus” is our Travel Package that comes included FREE in every one of our policies.


STAMP - Great Coverage for Any Driver

Our STAMP® Mexican car insurance policy has all the same coverage parts as you have come to expect in American policies, so it is easy to read and understand. Our coverage includes:


MxPatriate - Best Coverage for Vehicles Garaged in Mexico

Our MxPatriate®  Mexican car insurance policy provides all the same coverage and benefits as our MAS-Plus® program and is specifically designed for expatriates in Mexico. It adheres to all the same standards of coverage as American policies and provides more coverage than traditional Mexican car insurance policies. Coverage includes:

How Mexico vehicle insurance works


If the unexpected happens when you're in Mexico, don't worry. MexPro will be there to help you throughout the entire claims process.

Simply remain at the scene until the authorities arrive and call the toll-free number on your policy as soon as possible. An adjustor will be dispatched to help you file the claims report.


Requirements for driving into Mexico

Before you cross the border, you will need a few documents to prove that you own your car and have permission to travel through Mexico with it. Make sure you bring all the following with you:

  • Proof of car ownership: A copy of your vehicle's title or vehicle registration should work.

  • Your driver's license: Your U.S. driver's license will be accepted and is also required to purchase Mexico auto insurance.

  • Lienholder/leasing documentation: If you're financing your car, you'll need an affidavit from your lienholder permitting you to import it. If you're leasing your car, you'll just need a copy of your contract.

  • Liability insurance: Basic liability coverage is required for all tourists driving into Mexico — get a quote now and cross this one off your checklist today.


Have more questions about traveling with Mexico car insurance? Our International Car Insurance guide has the Answers you're looking for.

bottom of page